At aimeej, our goal is to help you make remembering easy. Below are a few tips from Aimee. For more specific answers to questions, visit our FAQ page.
1. Determine how much time you want to put into your album. Our mini baby and wedding albums are a perfect solution if you just want to record milestones without the fuss of adding a lot of photos. Selecting the perfect album for you is the first step.
2. If selecting a keepsake/memory album, you must be diligent about recording milestones/dates or your album will be empty! An easy solution is to keep a small calendar handy (in your purse, on your nightstand, etc.) and note when events take place (baby smiled, crawled, took first steps, etc.). Later when you have time, you can transfer all this information to your keepsake album.
3. Take a lot of photos! In our digital world, most photos just stay on our hard drives but at least you will have them available to print when you need hard copies of them. Print your favorites for your albums and organize the rest on a CD by year. Although with digital technology changing all the time, there is no guarantee that you will have access to those photos forever. I'm optimistic that my CD storage will be accessible forever but I may be naive! Our suggestion is to print any photo you'd hate to lose!! All our keepsake albums have photo pages available to add.
4. Only use archival, acid and lignin free products, including the pen you use. All of aimeej's products are acid and lignin free which means your photos will never fade or turn yellow like the photos in many of our baby photo albums or our parent's wedding albums. It's a tragedy to see all the photos with brown curled up corners and yellow overtones from years past! I recently pulled out all my baby photos from those old brown "sticky" pages and transferred them to an updated archival album.
5. Make scrapbooking easy. aimeej products are about being easy. Ironically, as the owner of aimeej, I have never scrapbooked! You can certainly use our paper products or albums and embellish them with all the fabulous scrapbook products on the market but for a clean, simple look, we designed our frames made easy, which coordinate with all our baby and kids pages.
6. Take time to remember. As a business owner and Mom of 2 young boys, I know how busy life is and how little free time there is for anything. Days turn to weeks to months... Try to take a day a month to dedicate to updating your keepsake/photo albums. This way the task won't be overwhelming but will be a fun way to reflect on the milestones that month.